Redeposit of Refunded Contributions


You may redeposit retirement contributions that you previously withdrew from an earlier period of membership in VCERA. To restore your forfeited retirement service credit, you must redeposit all previously withdrawn contributions plus the interest that would have accrued on those contributions had they remained on deposit since your date of withdrawal.

The retirement service purchased will be credited under the same benefit tier that applied to you during your previous period of membership. If you were placed in a different benefit tier upon reentering County or district service, then after your redeposit is complete, all your current service will convert to the same benefit tier that was in effect during the redeposited period of service. 

For purposes of vesting and retirement eligibility, redeposited County/District service counts toward these VCERA milestones.

Click here to download a Service Credit Purchase Request.