You may request the following optional deductions be taken from your monthly VCERA benefit. You can change the deductions at any time in writing.
- Federal and California income tax withholding. (If you elect no withholding, you are still responsible to pay all applicable taxes.)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums.
- Membership dues in the Retired Employees Association of Ventura County (REAVC) or SEIU.
- CalPERS long-term care insurance.
- Charitable contributions or any other deduction approved by the Board of Retirement.
Deductions may also be taken from your monthly benefit if VCERA is served with a court order for the following reasons: spousal support, child support, or wage assignment levy from the Internal Revenue Service or the State of California to collect unpaid income taxes.