Divorce & Community Property


The division of the community property interest in your retirement account upon your legal separation or dissolution of marriage will follow the provisions of Article 8.4 of the County Employees’ Retirement Law of 1937. As defined by law, your VCERA pension is considered a community property asset. For more information on this subject, contact VCERA.