Authorized Representatives


No person may act on your behalf, even a spouse or parent, except as permitted by an authorized Power of Attorney (POA) that terminates upon your death. Similarly, if a guardian or conservator has been appointed for you, only the named agent may act on your behalf. For an executed POA or court-filed order of appointment to be effective at VCERA, a certified copy must be in the member’s file.