Redeposit Prior VCERA Membership


You may also redeposit contributions previously withdrawn from an earlier period of membership in VCERA. To receive retirement service credit, all previously withdrawn retirement contributions must be re-deposited, plus the interest that would have accrued on those contributions had they remained on deposit since the date of your withdrawal. The service will be credited under the retirement plan in which it was originally accrued. If you were placed in a different retirement plan upon re-entering County service, the redeposit of previously withdrawn contributions will convert all current service to the same benefit level you accrued during the re-deposited period of service. For example, a current Tier II general member who makes a redeposit for previous Tier I membership will return to Tier I status.

Click here for Service Credit Request form.