- Refund processing occurs at the earlier of either: a) 30 days
after VCERA sends you the Special Tax Notice Regarding Plan
Payments and Federal Income Tax (Special Tax Notice); or b) 30
days from the date of separation of employment if you elect to
waive the Special Tax Notice.
- Apply for reciprocal retirement benefits if you intend to
become a member of a reciprocal retirement system within 180
days. Your retirement service credit accrued under all reciprocal
systems will be combined to determine when you are vested and
when the minimum eligibility requirements are met for receiving a
service retirement, unless you are a member of a JRS II and have
established limited reciprocity.
- Apply for a service-connected disability retirement if you
are permanently disabled for the performance of your duties due
to job-related injury or disease.
- Leave contributions on deposit with VCERA.
- Apply for a regular service retirement if the minimum
eligibility requirements are met. Deferred non-vested members are
eligible for a service retirement once they reach age 70.