Deductions from Retirement
You may request that the following deductions be taken from monthly retirement benefits:
- Federal and State of California Income Tax Withholding.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums, or other deductions approved by the Board of Retirement.
- Dues for membership in REAVC or SEIU- Local 998.
- CalPERS Long Term Care Insurance, if elected.
- Charitable contributions approved by the Board of Retirement, if elected.
Deductions may also be taken from your monthly retirement benefit if VCERA is served with a court order for spousal or child support or a wage assignment levy from the Internal Revenue Service, or the State of California for unpaid income taxes.